Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richth Richth is offline

Default Duplicate value causes VLOOKUP issue...

Thanks Chip and others. Very well written website there Chip. Appreciate
the source. I ended up using your Unique Ranks in Ascending Order solution
in a hidden column, then modified my VLOOKUP accordingly.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can use "tie-breaking" with RANK to produced a unique rank for
elements with the same value. I have details and examples at
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/rank.htm.

Another way is to use an arbitrary lookup, which allows you to get the
first, last, or an intermediate value from a lookup. See the
"Arbitrary Lookups" section at
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/TablesAndLookups.aspx .

Cordially,
Chip Pearson