Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richth Richth is offline

Default Duplicate value causes VLOOKUP issue...

Mike, I coudn't get LARGE to work for me. I'll study it some more to
determine where I am going wrong. Thx for posting though.

"Mike" wrote:

Large will work maybe ?
=LARGE($A$1:$A$15,1)
=LARGE($A$1:$A$15,2)
=LARGE($A$1:$A$15,3)
=LARGE($A$1:$A$15,4)
=LARGE($A$1:$A$15,5)
"Richth" wrote:

Column A (A1:A15) displays ranked values (from 1 to 15) from quiz results
using the formula: =RANK(P1,P1:P15,0) from scores in column P. Column B
(B1:B15) displays Team names.

To display results of the ranking for the top 5 teams, cells C20:C25 contain
numbers 1 - 5, and cells D20:D25 contain formula:
=VLOOKUP($C20,$A$1:$B$15,2,FALSE).

Problem: If two teams happen to tie for 1st place (for example), the VLOOKUP
in D21 will fail because there is no value equal to 2 in A1:A15 range. How
can/should I deal with that?