Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default place an "x" in D2 if E2-I2 are empty of text??

I assume N/A is a text entry and not the error value #N/A.

Try this:

=IF(COUNTA(E2:I2)-COUNTIF(E2:I2,"n/a")=0,"X","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Denise" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet that I created to audit employee files. If
their file is missing something (physical, background check, etc..) I need
visual flag. Usually the items trickle in and I delete my comments in the
column one-by-one. So I am trying to create a formula that places an "x"
in
column D after all items are received. Any advice is appreciated. Thank
you!