Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Theslaz Theslaz is offline

Default Help with macro

I have a workbook with 5 pages ( I apologize if those are not the right
terms )

1 for "Reference tables"
1 for "Invoice data Entry"
1 for "Job Pending & Completion List"
1 for "Print Invoice"
1 for "Summary Statistics"

In the Print "Invoice page" it shows all the necessary information that
I need for the invoice retrieved from the "Invoice Data Entry" page.

What I would like to have is a button on my "Print Invoice" page that
would print the invoice ( print to fax ) and at the same time enter the
date under a column for "Date Sent" in the "Job Pending & Completion
List" page.

It appears what I have do do in my macro is to retrieve the Invoice
number from the "Print Invoice" page and search for that number in the
"Job Pending & Completion List" and then insert the proper date under
the "Date Sent" column in the row for that invoice number.

I have been entering this date manually; but all to often I forget and
than I wind up resending the fax. Employer at other end has no sense of
humor and gets very annoyed! Trying to eliminate that.