Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Activesheet.Paste does OK manually between worksheets but not

You need to select the required worksheet then the first cell of the range to
paste and then paste it. Like the full recorded macro below to copy and paste.

Range("A1:D7").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("B3").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

If you have already selected the range and copied it before running the
macro to paste then it would look like this

Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("B3").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

OssieMac

"Billyruben" wrote:

Hey Simon

Sub Macro15()
'

' Macro recorded 11/28/2008 by Billy
'
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("C4").Select
'
End Sub

While Running the Macro, it stops and I get a MS Visual Basic window
displaying:

Run-time error '1004':
Paste method of Worksheet class failed

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

If the macro failed what was the error? what was the code you used to
perform the task? we need more than you gave to give you an answer!

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd