Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sheet protection in excel 2003 version

You obviously know more about Excel 2009 than we do. Is there anything more
that you can tell us?

For Excel 2003, hide the sheet (Format/ Sheet/ Hide), then Tools/
Protection/ Protect Workbook, and add a password to protect the workbook.
Without the password you can't unhide the sheet.
--
David Biddulph

"Raviraja LIC" <Raviraja wrote in message
Hi I am ravi raja. i have excel 2003 version. i have problem with my excel
file. I have 2 sheets in that file. sheet no.1 and sheet no.2.

I dont want my clients to see the contents of sheet no.2 since it contains
formulas.

i want to protect the sheet no.2 with a password. If some one click the
"sheet no.2", it should not open without a password.

Also, i came to know that this facility is available in excel 2009. I am
not
able to download the excel 2009 version.

pl help. my email id is "

Thanks

Ravi Raja