Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike M[_2_] Mike M[_2_] is offline

Default XY charts: can't plot Y vs. value of X

I'm trying to plot the values of Y (in column C) vs. the values of X (in
column A), but the chart plots the spreadsheet line number rather than the
column A value, even though the pop-up window shows column A is select for
the x-axis.

Also, it is now very difficult to select the data points in different
columns. It was easy before, by holding down the shift/control keys and using
the arrow keys.

I really hate the 2007 version! I was VERY proficient with XL before, and
now I am totally helpless trying to create some simple X-Y charts. The help
tools are totally worthless! Microsoft really screwed up a good product.