Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] martinwroger@gmail.com is offline

Default Chart Title Using Autofilter Selection

That was my first thought, I would just tie it to a cell, no problem.
However, when I click on the autofilter dropdown box and choose a
different name to filter the list the displayed name changes but the
cell reference stays the same. I need the title to display the same
name as the filter criteria. Is there a way to construct a UDF that
ties to the currently applied autofilter? If so then I could go that
route.

Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

Use a cell to construct the required title text and the link the chart
title box to the cell.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy

Roger wrote:
I have a simple line chart based on the the data displyed from using
Autofilter. I select only one criteria at time to display. I want to link
the chart title to the filtered criteria. So when I choose a different
filter the chart title will change to the new filter. Is there an easy way
to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Roger

BTW, I have both XL 2003 & XL 2007.