Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
porter444 porter444 is offline

Default 16 digit numbers

Can you send me a sample file Rich? Please do not include any confidential
information.

Email to:
--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Rich" wrote:

Hi,

The team at work have to export a file from an app one column which contains
16 digits product codes. The app only exports as a CSV. My colleagues use
excel to open the csv, but the long number reverts to scientific notation,
and formatting the cell to number corrupts the number slightly.

The only work around I can offer if to rename the CSV as text, open with
excel then go through the wizard and set the offending column to text, which
works, but is over complicated and cumbersome for the team.

Can anyone offer an easy solution or a macro method to ease this process ?

--
Rich
http://www.richdavies.com