Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default sumif

Hi,

Try =COUNTIF(range,"Tom")
and you didn't show us where the times were or how they are stored so
=SUMIF(range,"Tom",HoursRange)

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"TLR" wrote:

Hi,

I have a schedule set up by week for the whole year on one sheet going down.
For example:

Week 1 Sunday Monday Tuesday etc....
Tom Mary Tom
Jane

Week 2 Sunday Monday etc...
Jane Tom
Jim
Week 3 Sunday Monday
Robert Tom

Within each day there's a possibility of 6 people working, 3 in the AM and 3
in the PM, out of a list of 13. Per line, I have time in and out and total
hours. I need to find across all seven days how many times "Tom" worked and
total all of the hours. He can appear on different lines and days.

I hope this makes sense. I can share the file if you need to see it.