Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Steve is offline

Default COUNTIF? DCOUNT?

PS - the trouble with this method is that it sorts the data, but doesn't give
me the COUNT of parts... which gets me back to why I was looking for a f(x).
--
Grateful

"Steve" wrote:

Thanks all... Each row represents a part number. Column D has the number of
requisitions for that part; Column F has the Annual Demand Value of those
requisitions. I need to find the items that have requisitions 150, AND
annual demand value $6,000.

When I use:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(D2:D65535100),--(F2:F655356000))

I get a value of 62.

If I use an Advanced Filter for those two columns, I get 26. This is what I
meant when I said it was giving me the answer I was looking for. I can use
this advanced filter on each worksheet...

Thanks.

--
Grateful

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Well there could be a problem in the "annual demand" - does the Dollar Value
column contain the annual demand or does it contain Demand?

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Steve" wrote:

I have a very large worksheet... One column contains the NUMBER of demands
for an item in a given year; another column contains the DOLLAR VALUE of
those demands. I need to COUNT the number of rows where the NUMBER of
demands is greater than 100 and the DOLLAR VALUE of the annual demand is
greater than $6000. Been struggling with COUNTIF and DCOUNT. Any help?
--
Grateful