Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] nughty@gmail.com is offline

Default Summing a column based on the length of text in a cell in another

On Nov 26, 8:54*am, Teethless mama
wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(A1:A4)4),E1:E4)

" wrote:
Hi, I am trying to sum acolumnbasedon thetextlengthof data in a
differentcolumn. *I'm sure that I'm either not using the right
formula or I am missing some component of the one I am using. *Anyway,
this is the formula:

=SUMIF(A1:A4,LEN(A1:A4)4,E1:E4)

Here is visual data of what I am trying to do:
dshara * * 0 * * * 0 * * * 0 * * * 4
dsmsg * * *0 * * * 0 * * * 0 * * * 2
faut * * * 0 * * * 0 * * * 1 * * * 3
fist * * * 0 * * * 0 * * * 2 * * * 14

Basically, in this example, I want to come up with the total of 6.

Thanks, B.- Hide quotedtext-

Mama, I tried this but it returned incorrect total. Does this just
count the number of cells that have text length of greater than 4?