Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
No Name

Default totally lost - named range and vlookup

Thanks to both of you geniuses! I thought I was going nuts with the blank line!
I thought in the offset that by starting in row2, that would have been
enough to show that yes - I did have header text in row 1. Apparently both
parts of the formula required it.

The VLOOKUP also works now that the whole range is defined

THANKS TONS to both of you!

"< AVG Joe" wrote:

I have a sheet with a layout as such:
A B C
Bed 2.50 ea
Table 1.00 ea

I have tried to specify a dynamic named range ("ItemList" )as so:
=OFFSET(MasterContentsList!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(MasterC ontentsList!$A:$A),1)

The range always includes an empty cell at the bottom of the list. I have
deleted everyting below to end, but no change? This is causing the DV list to
start at the bottom with a blank...

Secondly, when I try to use that named range in a VLOOKUP, to retrieve the
amount, I get a #REF error. Here is the formula I am using for VLOOKUP:
=IF(ISBLANK(B12),"",VLOOKUP(B12,ItemList,2,FALSE))
Are the errors related? What am I doing wrong