Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening a PDF in Excel 2003

Use a hyperlink:

=HYPERLINK("file:///C:/benefit.pdf","some doc")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200816

"Kimberly" wrote:

I have a user that insists that she was able to "open" PDf files from within
Excel 2003. She said she did this through the File... Open... command.
Now when she tries to open PDF files through Excel it brings up a text
converter screen and then opens the file as garbage.

I have searched on the net to find out if this is even possible. I know PDF
files are not associated with Excel and as such you shouldn't be able to
"open" them within Excel.

I tried to show her how to embed a PDF file into a spreadsheet, but that's
not how she says she used to do it and does not want to accept that solution.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.