Gregory A. Wandless

Thanks that did it. Seems to work now.

Gregory A. Wandless
Chemist
US Geological Survey
MS 954
Reston, VA 20192

Email:
Phone: (703) 648-6189
"Duke Carey" wrote in message
other times I just get the "=C7" text.

This is a symptom of having the cell formatted as text. Change it to
General or some other format that is number-oriented.

"Gregory A. Wandless" wrote:

I am trying to create a worksheet that takes data entered into a matrix

and
also puts it into a table elsewhere on the worksheet. I have doing this

by
using the =C7 type of reference in the table elsewhere so data I enter

into
C7 goes to the new cell, except it does not always work. Sometimes I get

the
contents of the matrix cell, which is what I want, other times I just

get
the "=C7" text. Also if I change a cell reference that works with a
different cell it stops working. Anybody have any ideas as to whats

going
on? Thanks!

Gregory A. Wandless
Chemist