Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Myers Bob Myers is offline

Default Automatic Highlighting of Cells

Glenn, thanks. As usual, I didn't make myself clear. Specifically:

Put a 7 in Cell(B4), then have the Range(K11:K(10+B4)) automatically
highlighted.

Whatever number the user puts in B4 (with Validation), I want to draw his
attention to where and how many more cells he needs to fill in.

Bob Myers

"Glenn" wrote in message
Bob Myers wrote:
If a control number is entered in a Cell on a Worksheet, is there a way
to have that same number of Cells automatically highlighted (interior
filled) elsewhere on that sheet?

The number of cells highlighted should automatically change if the
control number is changed.

I don't believe there is a way to do it with conditional formatting, and
a macro would be after the fact.

Although I've written a number of macros and UDFs in separate Modules,
I'm not familiar with the coding of individual Worksheets in the VB
Editor.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Myers

Select the entire sheet and then use the following for conditional
formatting (select the fill pattern desired):

=AND(ROW()<=$A$1,COLUMN()<=$A$1)

Put your "control number" in A1. Some variation of this could work for
you.