Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Table Sum

Your formulas might be converting numbers to text. For example, if you
use LEFT or TEXT functions in the formula, the result will be a text
string, that might look like a number.
If that's what's happening, try typing two minus signs at the start of
the formula, e.g.:

=--RIGHT(A2,5)

RedFive wrote:
I have created a PivotTable using data in another spreadsheet. For some
reason when I try to sum the data in the Data Field, all the values turn to
zeros. But if I leave it as a count the information is correct. Is it
because the data in the original cells are formulas? Any help or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures