Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dls61721 dls61721 is offline

Default Mass move data in rows to columns.

Edit -Copy-Paste-Transpose

"Brad W" wrote:

Hello all,

A client sent me an excel file with addresses of all of their customers that
they need modified before their printing company will accept it and print out
mailing labels. Currently their data is in a row by row basis with an empty
row between the starting of the next address. So an example would look like
this

(A1) John & Susie Jones
(A2) 123 Fake Street
(A3) Washington, DC 12345

However their printing company will ONLY take the excel spread sheet if data
is in the following format:

(A1) (B1) (C1)
John & Susie Jones 123 Fake Street Washington, DC 12345

Now here is the kicker, I normally could do this by hand except they have
around 15,000 addresses per worksheet and 5 worksheets total.

Does anyone know how I can convert this data for them so that a full address
is in a single row instead of multiple rows and not do this manually? I'm
charging this client on an hourly basis to do this data conversion and I
doubt they want a $3000 invoice. Is there a macro or conversion utility??

Thanks!

Brad W