Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Convert Text to numeric Value

If your text cell looks like a number, you can conert it using the Value
function. So in A45, you would use:

=value(a1)

However, if your cell has "H1=154.00" in it, you need to parse out the text.
In this case, you need to tell us: is it allways the last 6 characters? Or
do you want everything after the equal sign? or something else?

If it's always the characters after the equal sign, use:

=value(mid(a1,find("=",a1)+1,20))

Regards,
Fred.

"Dylan @ UAFC" wrote in message
I am trying to convert a string of text into a numeric value.
Ie,

I have several code legends to report results that need
to have a money value.
H1=154.00
H2=254.00

I would like to be able to type either of these code legeds in say A1
and then they will return the numeric value in say A45