Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default how do I use COUNTIF stmnt if I want to find cells that are red

Hi,

You can try the following but even before you use the procedure, please note
that this is a not dynamic I.e. if you colour more cells, you will not see
the result change:

1. Press Ctrl+F;
2. Click on Options and then click on the format button;
3. Click on Font and select Red in color;
4. Click on OK;
5. Now click on Find All;
6. Press Ctrl+A;
7. Close the Find box

You will now see all red font cells highlighted and the SUM, COUNT will
appear in the lower right corner. Please note that this procedure will not
work if cells are conditionally formatted.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"kisboros" wrote in message
Can COUNTIF work if I want to count cells that are highlighted, let's say,
red?
Thank you.