Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karen Karen is offline

Default Possible Lookup

Thank you for your help!
It was just what I needed!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

1. Select all the data with one row of titles and choose Data, PivotTable
and PivotChart Report
2. Click Next twice
3. Click Layout and drag the Department field button to the Row area
4. Drag the Level field button to the Row area
5. Drag the Date button to the Row area
6. Drag the Level field button to the Data area

If the Level button in the Data area says Sum of Level then double click it
and change the summary calculation to Count and click OK.

7. Click OK, Finish.
8. Place your mouse in the Date field and choose PivotTable, Group & Show
Detail, Group
9. Leave Months selected and click OK

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Karen" wrote:

Using Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet that tracks errors for 3 departments.
3001
3002
3003
Not sure if you need ALL this info, but I'll give it to you if you do.
The spreadsheet has 12 columns (A thru L)
Column D (Date Discovered) contains the date I want to use to segregate the
errors.
Column H (Level) contains the number of the error level. There are 3 levels
(Level 1,2, & 3)
All I want to do is total the amount of errors by department, by level and
by month.
Should I use the Lookup function for something like this? If so, how do I go
about this? Can someone lead me in the right direction?
Thank you, Karen