Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nikki Nikki is offline

Default Format - Please Help!!

I have two formats that come to me that I cannot vlookup due to the
formatting. Is there a quick fix for formatting these files as text?

For example, the format is 01001 but when I change it to a number it removes
the 0. I add a column to add back the 0 and the column is converted back to
text which will not allow my vlookup to work. I think it is due to the
extraction of from the database. Please help! I am driving myself nutts!!! I
also have tried copying the information into a new workbook and still that
same problem. Help.