Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default I have a problem with a formulae.

Formatting a cell doesn't change its underlying value. You probably have a
value of something like 13637.4215 in the cell. If you want to get rid of
the value after the decimal point, you must round, as in:

=round(30000*54%,0)

which, by the way, is 16200, not 13637.

Regards,
Fred.

"James" wrote in message
i am trying to make a formulae to show the cost of a certain cell.
One cell gets it's figure by calculating a percentage to reurn a value.
Eg
54% of 30000 is 13,637. When i try to * this cell by an amount it
sometimes
returns 3 or 4 pound more than what it should be. I have tried to set the
cells to no decimal places but i's not making a difference.

Help would be greatly appreciated