Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Identifying numbers froma text

Select the column where your text strings are; click Data/Text To Columns on
Excel's menu bar. Select the Delimited option on the Step 1 dialog, then
click Next. Put a check mark in the CheckBox labeled Space on the Step 2
dialog, then click Next. On the Step 3 dialog... change the Destination cell
to the cell address you want the first split out number to go to, then click
the 2nd column in the chart and select the OptionButton labeled "Do not
import column (skip)", then do the same thing for the 4th column. Finally,
click the Finish button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Harish" wrote in message

I have a small problem. I have a text string: "1 - 7 of 61". I want to
pick out the numbers in this text string. Also note that this text
string is not constant and it keeps changing. For example, we have:
"21 - 40 of 100". So I want to pick the numbers individually from each
text string. Do anyone have a formula for that? Appreciate your help.
Thanks