Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Southern at Heart Southern at Heart is offline

Default Defining Names for Outlook's import feature

Thanks! I like this idea of a dynamic name. But I can't get the syntax.
I've tried:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1),1)

My list of names is on sheet1, and that's all that's on that sheet. It
starts in the top left corner, A1. It's 6 columns wide, but the column count
can be dynamic too? If I understand it right.
Can someone adjust this or tell me the correct formula to set when I define
my name.
thanks,

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Create a Dynamic Named Range to expand as you add more data.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Or just save the workbook as a *.csv file and point Outlook to that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:20:06 -0800, Southern at Heart
wrote:

I have an Excel file that is a table of names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
It is continually being updated, so the number of records changes.
Occassionally I will import this using Outlooks omport wizard in a contact
folder, but when I do so it requires a 'Named Field', so I have to go back
and select all the data in the excel file again and give it a new name. Is
there a simpler way of having excel automatically give all the data on a
sheet a name that will remain 'all the data' regardless of how many lines are
added or deleted?
thanks.