Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neil Pearce Neil Pearce is offline

Default Sum

Thanks Pete. Your solution answered my query before I even asked it!

"Neil Pearce" wrote:

Thanks Dave,

The other problem I've encountered is...

Cell A1: "Number of rooms"
Cell B1: the number of rooms
Cell C1: "Total room areas"
Cell D1: the total area of all rooms

Again these columns repeat for over 200 columns repeating every four columns.

How would I go about summing the total number of rooms for all houses, i.e.
B1, F1, J1...

Trying the same idea you provided I thought the below might work but
apparently not!

=SUMIF($A$1:$GR$1,OFFSET(($A$1:$GR$1),0,-1,1,1)="Number of Rooms",$A$1:$GR$1)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

The easy one first:

=a1=int(a1)
will return true if A1 is an integer.
(Do you have to check for numeric, too?)

=and(isnumber(a1),a1=int(a1))

The other one:
=sumif($a$1:$Gr$1,"Heading A",$a2:$gr2)

Neil Pearce wrote:

Dear all,

Qu. 1: I have a worksheet with over 200 columns. The columns' headings
repeat every four columns, e.g. Heading A, Heading B, Heading C, Heading D,
Heading A, Heading B...

I wish to add a total column at the end for each heading, =A2+E2+I2+M2+...
This is clealy a laborious and tedius method. Is there an easy way of
calculating this?

Qu. 2: the IS forumla can be used to check cells for their specifics, e.g.
ISNUMBER(). Further is there a means of distinguishing if the cell is an
integer, e.g. ISINTEGER()? If not any ideas how I would be able to do this?

Thanking-you.

Cheers,

Neil

--