Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Changing text color based upon If

hi
no i don't think conditional formatting works that way. each cell must be
set. but you can copy and paste special formats to set the column in mass
after setting one cell.
and i am stuck on 2003. in 2007,its the home tabstyle groupconditioal
formating.

regards
FSt1

"KenM" wrote:

Thank you. But is it possible to select cells B2 through B116 to have them
compare between A2 through A116 so that I wouldn't have to repeat the
function 115 times? I thought I might be able to select a group of cells to
apply the formula too. I am using 2007 by the way.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
conditional formating...
select b2, then on the tool bar
formatconditional formating.

formulal is.......=B2<A2......pick your color.

copy and paste formats down as far as you need.

regards
FSt1

Regards

"KenM" wrote:

I have two colums with inventory numbers Column A is the three month
requirement, column B is quantity in stock. If B is less than A column, I
would like the text in B to change colors (to Red for instance). Any ideas?

Thanks,
KenM