Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Elseif?

Assuming the first row of data is row 2, then put this in J2:

=IF(I2="hour",H2,IF(I2="person",E2,IF(I2="session" ,1,0)))*F2*H2

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 24, 6:37*pm, ibrokit wrote:
Hey there,

I have a spreadsheet that I need to calculate the total instruction cost
of a vendor. I have 5 columns: Number of students (E) - Number of
sessions (F) - Length of class in hours (G) - Vendor Rate (H) - Charge
by Hour\Session\Person (I).
In my Total Instruction Cost column (J), I need it to calculate based on
what's in the "Charge By" column (I):
So, if I = "hour" then multiply f*g*h
if I = "session" then f*h
if I = "person" then e*f*h

I just haven't figured out how to write the formula for that. Any help?

Thanks so much,

ibk