Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gcw gcw is offline

Default Lookup formula for both row and column

So this "match" formula should go in the middle of the formula below where
the ???? are?

"Alan Moseley" wrote:

I can see that you realise that you need to lookup the column number. You
could use the MATCH function to do this. For example, if your column
headings are in row 45, use:-

MATCH("Apr",$A$45:$Q$45,0)

--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"gcw" wrote:

I am trying to do a lookup on both row and column. My spreadsheet has
targets per cost center (Rows) by Months (Columns) starting in Column D. The
"Row" lookup is working but how do I add the second portion. See ???? below

This is the formula I have so far:

=VLOOKUP($A3,TLTargets!$A$46:$Q$86,????,FALSE)