Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lewis SHanks Lewis SHanks is offline

Default Sorting

Dave:
Thanks for the suggestion. I went back and resized each photo so that all
are clearly inside of the cell boundries and do not overlap rows. Then, when
I tried to sort the spread sheet, I now got a message that "this operation
requires the merged cells to be identically sized."

To my knowledge no columns are merged in any way so I am not sure how to
correct this

Suggestions?

Thanks
Lewis

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I've always had good luck when I made sure that the pictures are
completely
within a cell (or row). If the pictures cover more than one row, then the
sort
doesn't work the way I want.

You may want to make sure gridlines are showing when you're positioning
the
pictures.

Lewis SHanks wrote:

I have Excel 2000.

I have a spread sheet with a column where I inserted .jpg photos of the
products that I am listing in the spread sheet. When I try to sort the
spread sheet by any column (e.g. article number or name) the photos will
not
sort properly with the rest of the data and they end up basically in a
jumbled mess. Is there a way to enter (insert) the photos differently so
that the data will sort with the photos?

Thanks
Lewis

--

Dave Peterson