Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
angiec50 angiec50 is offline

Default How do I count a range of cells from another columns criteria

Dear Bernard. Yes your rephrase is correct however, I have typed in the
formula exactly as you have written it but when I press Enter is states that
there is an error, but wont tell me what part is errored. I have had a look
at the link you attached about SumProduct, however, that has completly
confused me. I am using Excel 2000 could this be the reason it doesnt work

Regards

Angie

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Can I rephrase this to: you want to count how many cells in column A have
text when the corresponding cell in column B is in the range 69% to 81% ?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISTEXT(A1:A100), --(B1:B100=69%), --(B1:B100<=81%) )

Change the ranges (A1:A100) as needed. Unless you are using XL 2007 do not
use full column references (A:A).

For more details on SUMPRODUCT
Bob Phillips
J.E McGimpsey
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"angiec50" wrote in message
I want to count cells with text in one column that matches the criteria if
the cell show anything from 69% to 81%.

So far I have tried sumproduct, countif, sumif, I am nearly there but not
quite.

Can anyone help