Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David G. David G. is offline

Default Xlookup that returns variable sum data

Mike,

It worked perfectly. How about if I need to add not the entire column, but
the one corresponding to today's date and the previous cell only? Can that
be done?

Thanks!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

take your criteria out of the column then sum the entire column based on the
criteria

=SUMIF(A:A,"<="&C1,B:B)

Sums all coulm B for a date in column A <= C1

Mike

"David G." wrote:

I am trying to create a formula that looks for todays date in a table and
returns the sum of daily entries for the month prior to the date. In the
sample below =vlookup(E1,A1:C2,2) instead of returning 6 value from row #2,
it will return 11, the sum of all values prior to the one assigned to the
date. Furthermore, can I set it to change the range tomorrow, adding yet
another cell to the sum for a return of 14?

1 2

A 11/20 5

B 11/21 6

C 11/22 3