Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Index and Match functions I think

In other words, you want to search for a value along a vertical axis then
lookup another value along a horizontal axis and locate the value at the
intersection?

Ok, that's easy enough........but.......the exact formula to use depends on
the application. See if these help:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jim Butler" <Jim wrote in message
I have a very large and complex formula and am currently using the "IF"
"AND"
functions. But with the limitation of 7 "IF" functions I think there has
be a better way. Column "D" and "E" both have numeric data that needs to
reference to a table and output that table number to column "F" so that it
can be multiplied and square rooted by other cells to give another answer
into another cell. I do have it working with the IF AND functions but as I
said it is very limited. Any push in the right direction would surely be
appreciated. I can copy and paste some of the data here if that would make
it
any easier.

Thank you,
Jim Butler