Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default Finding MIN across worksheets while excluding blanks

min function ignores empty cells !!!

On Nov 24, 12:57*am, Alison wrote:
I have a simple (I hope) but annoying problem.
I have seasonal data arranged by sampling location (40 columns) and sampling
event (11 rows for each of 7 organisms), with one worksheet per month.
I am trying to find the minimum value in, e.g., cell B5 of the four
worksheets April, May, June, July. *If cell B5 is blank, it should be
ignored. *These minima need to fill a matrix of the same shape that will be
used in another analysis. *
I have tried MIN, MINA, SMALL, and other suggestions from other questions on
this board. *I have replaced my blanks with "-", "NA", and the like, and it
will still return zero.
I don't think I can use an array formula across worksheets? *But perhaps
that is my own lack of experience with using arrays? *I don't see how I can
use IF(AND()) because I do not require all four entries to be positive. *I
simply wish to exclude
any blank cell(s) from the formula.
Help would be greatly appreciated!