Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Save As

Try this
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Const sPath As String = "D:\2008\"
Dim fName As String

fName = ""
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Select Case True
Case Is = CheckBox1.Value = True And CheckBox2.Value = True
MsgBox "Must have either Day or Night selected. Please select " _
& "one only one.", vbCritical
Case Is = CheckBox1.Value = True
ActiveSheet.Copy
fName = "Days\Days cost" & " " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sPath & fName, _
FileFormat:=xlExcel8
With ActiveWorkbook
.Save
.Close
End With
Case Is = CheckBox2.Value = True
ActiveSheet.Copy
fName = "Nights\Night cost" & " " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sPath & fName, _
FileFormat:=xlExcel8
With ActiveWorkbook
.Save
.Close
End With
End Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

"Troy 2006" wrote:

I'm getting a compile error in

one only one.", vbCritical

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sPath & fName,
FileFormat:=xlExcel8

"Mike" wrote:

You will need to put it into the user form. You will need 2 checkboxes. One
named Checkbox1 the named Checkbox2. You will need One Button.

"Troy 2006" wrote:

Where do I put this, the User Form, as a recorded Macro, a module?

"Mike" wrote:

Try this
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Const sPath As String = "D:\2008\Days\"
Dim fName As String
fName = ""
Select Case True
Case Is = CheckBox1.Value = True, CheckBox2.Value = True
MsgBox "Must have either Day or Night selected. Please select
one only one.", vbCritical
Case Is = CheckBox1.Value = True
fName = "Days cost" & " " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sPath & fName,
FileFormat:=xlExcel8
Case Is = CheckBox2.Value = True
fName = "Night cost" & " " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sPath & fName,
FileFormat:=xlExcel8
End Select
End Sub

"Troy 2006" wrote:

I have made a custom icon that will eventaully Save a copy of the workbook in
a specified location. Since I am so new to macro and MVB programming, I am
need of some serious help. First of all I made a User Form that is a pop-up
window that will display which shift the workbook should be saved as "Days"
or "Nights". If the "Days" button is clicked then I want a copy of the
current state of the workbook saved to "D:\2008\Days\*" If "Nights" is
clicked then of course it will be in "D:\2008\Nights\*".
* will be "Days Cost" or "Nights Cost" then following this will be today's
current date. i.e. if I save it today then it will be saved as "Days Cost
11-23-08" or "Nights Cost 11-23-08", if I save it tomorrow it will be saved
as "Days Cost 11-24-08" or "Nights Cost 11-24-08"
I also don't know how to get the custom icon in my toolbar to open up the
pop-up window when it's pressed.
Is any of this possible?

I know it's easier to simply go through the motions of using the File Menu
but I have posted step-by-step instructions on how to save the file with
pictures and still it continues to be messed up.