Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SOLI SOLI is offline

Default ACTIVATING A SOUND ALERT ON CELL VALUE

GREAT! it works well.
may abuse for more?
Is it possible to put more than 1 alert in a sheet? Say you want to monitor
cell A1 and F1...

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

This version allows you to put the number in cell C1
It also repeats the message 4 times.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("B1").Value Range("C1").Value Then
For i = 1 To 4
Application.Speech.Speak "The price is right"
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200815

"SOLI" wrote:

Gary's Student
Beautiful ! It works.Thanks a lot.So simple and short.
Maybe you can expand a little more , telling me how to make the speech
repeat itself either a few times and/or continuously until I stop it by
hitting any key.

Also how can I change the value that activates the macro(the 100) to any
other number without having to edit the macro.If I could place this new
number(the substitute for the number 100) in cell C1 for example, it would be
easier.
How can I put a second macro for a different cell to be monitored?In the
same code?
Soli
"SOLI" wrote:

MY EXCEL BOOK RECEIVES ON-LINE QUOTES FROM A DDE LINK.
HOW DO I SET UP AN ALERT TO ACTIVATE A SOUND (OR EXECUTE A PROGRAM ) WHEN
THE CONTENT IN A CERTAIN CELL REACHES A PRE-DETERMINED VALUE?
I AM NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH VBA BUT USUALLY I MANAGE TO COPE WITH SIMPLE
MACROS.TKS.