Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CDQ CDQ is offline

Default In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another ce

Bilff

It works! thanks!

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can apply the formatting to a range of cells all at one time.

Assume the range you want to format is D1:D100

In Excel 2007

Select the range of cells, D1:D100
Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=C1="NA"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

In Excel versions 2003 and earlier

Select the range of cells, D1:D100
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=C1="NA"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CDQ" wrote in message
HI

I have a similar question to Christine's conditional formatting.

I want to to format all the cells with blue in Column D if Column C has
"NA".

Think there shouldnt be an easier way than setting hundreds of lines with
=
C1="NA" in every cell in column D.

Many thanks!

"SteveG" wrote:

Christine,

Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is
option to Formula is. Enter

=B1="Your Text"

Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG