Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Myers Bob Myers is offline

Default My apology

Shane, further investigation shows its as you describe. An *.xar file is
dumped into the folder, I guess, about every 10 minutes. It gets deleted
when I save the workbook and at other times. Thanks.

R/Bob

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

When you say you can't get it to work, do you mean you have been crashing
and when Excel reboots it doesn't present you with a backed up copy of the
file?

The auto recovery files are automaticlly deleted when you cloase out of
Excel.

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bob Myers" wrote:

I can't get the AutoRecover feature to work.

At ToolsOptionsSave, I have the 'Save AutoRecover info every' box
checked
and and set for every '10 minutes.'
The 'AutoRecover save location' is set for 'C:\Data\AutoSaves\' and the
folder exists.
'Disable AutoRecover' box is not checked.

I have an older version of Excel (2003) and my OS is Vista Home Premium.

I was able to get the feature to work when my OS was XP and using the
same
copy of Excel.

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Myers