Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default how to pull data from a specific cell on each tab as I add tabs

Hi,

If you are using a formula of the form:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet4!A1)

which sums cell A1 in all the sheets physically between Sheet1 and Sheet4
then when you want to add a new sheet and have the formula pick it up, insert
the sheet between the beginning and end sheets.

If you can't do that then insert a blank sheet at the end so that in my
formula Sheet4 is blank, then insert the new sheet before sheet4.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"egljet1" wrote:

I routinely pull data from an increasing number of tabs in a worksheet. Is
there a way to pull the data from tabs as I add them without having to change
the formula for each added tab?