bxb7668

Default Subset of one sheet on another sheet

I've been tasked to create an auction spreadsheet for my PTA to track
what has been donated; whether it's for the silent auction, raffle, or
live auction; and who wins it for how much. It needs to be as user
friendly as possible, as I cannot guarantee that future Auction
Committee member will be good with Excel. (A database would probably
be better, but we don't have one.) Since in the course of planning the
auction an item may be moved back and forth between the silent auction
and raffle and live auction many times, I want to be able to
automatically have another sheet that just lists Live Auction items
and another that lists Raffle items and another for Silent Auction
items. With this background, let me explain what I'd like to do and
ask if it is possible.

On the Inventory sheet I'd list the stuff that has been donated and
have a column that would have the auction type, i.e. silent, live or
raffle. Something like:
A B
1 Desc Auction
2 Boat Live
3 Candy Raffle
4 Dinner Silent
4 Cruise Live

There would then be three other sheets. One for each auction type.
The Live Auction sheet would use some function to just list the items
on the Inventory sheet that had been categorized as "Live". It should
end up looking like:

A B C D
1 Desc Item# Bidder Bid

Is there a way to pull a subset of the rows from one sheet onto
another and not have blank lines for non-matching criterion? In other
words, I do not want for the Live Auction sheet to look like:

A B C D
1 Desc Item# Bidder Bid
3 102
4 103

where rows 3 and 4 are blank because they are not Live.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brian Bygland