Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default dividing by 0 error

Why would you use A1? You should obviously use the same cell where the error
is
so if the error range is M1:M100 you select that range with M1 as the active
cell and then use

=ISERROR($M1)

Peo Sjoblom

"Donna" wrote in message
This doesn't work. I highlighted the area went to format/conditional
formatting and put formula and then =ISERROR(A1) and I formatted it to be
the
same color as the background to hide the error but it just doesn't seem to
work.

I have tried =ISERROR before, could it be the type of error (#DIV/0!)?

"Jan Kronsell" wrote:

In the conditional format box

The formula is =ISERROR(A1)

Jan

Donna wrote:
Thank you so much, that worked great! One more thing. Is there a way
to do like a "conditional format" that turns the error #DIV/0! the
same color as the background so that you can't see it? I thought I
had done this before but now I can't get it to work.

"Mike H" wrote:

Donna,

You could test for Div/0 and return "" if it is or use this to sum
with those errors in the range

= SUMIF(F1:F6,""&0)

Mike

"Donna" wrote:

I need to have a worksheet that other people can use with out
changing and my problem is that I need to have a certain amount of
blank cells that when a number is entered will fill in cells that
contain formulas.
Some of the formulas contain division and so I'm getting the
#DIV/0! error which prevents the columns from summing. How can I
say to only sum if there is a number in the cell so that it won't
include the error. Or how can I keep the error from showing but
also have the blank cells for people to use? In other words only
"formulate" when there are numbers. I hope this makes sense....

# of Rolls LengthM Widthmm Total M2 Width of Source Material # of
cuts across
10 500 20 100 1290 65.00
5 600 30 90 43.00
20 200 80 320 17.00