Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
aidesifuentes aidesifuentes is offline

Default How do I calculate a payment?

Actually I've looked at the various payment functions and they seem to be
calculating unrealistic payments. Using the PMT function and the variables
below, I got a monthly payment of $35k over five years to reach $1.8million
but I started with $500k so a monthly payment of $35k seems much too high
when 60 payments of $35k will accumulate over $2million alone without the
starting $500k. What am I doing wrong?

Payment ($35,137.74)

Rate 0.83%
Periods 60
PV $500,000.00
FV $1,898,309.51
Type 0

60 monthly payments at $35k/month = $2,108,264.61

"porter444" wrote:

Check out the PMT function to see if that does it for you.