Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Using offset in sumproduct, is it possible?

Hi,

I can't see what's in each of your ranges but the formula does not return an
error on my machine. One question the range Code_db - what does that
represent?

In 2003 you can't refer to an entire column in a sumproduct formula, but you
can in 2007. So if Code_db represents something like A:A it won't work.

Shane Devenshire

"mike in texas" wrote:

I have a dynamic range named code_db. It is a single column which expands as
new codes are added. I want to sum a column which is offest 22 columns. For
Excel 2007 the following formula works fine:
=(SUMIFS(OFFSET(Code_db,0,22),Code_db,$U$3&M7,OFFS ET(Code_db,0,9),"Water"))

I'm trying to make it compatible with Excel 2003 using sumproduct and
offsets, but keep getting "#Value" when I enter the formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(OFFSET(Code_db,0,22)),--(Code_db=$U$3&M7),--(OFFSET(Code_db,0,9)="Water"))

Is it possible to use sumproducts and offsets?

Thanks for your help!

Mike