Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default which financial function should I use?

If you have a starting value (PV) and an ending value (FV), then you want
the Rate function.

If, as is more normal in the real world, you have a series of cash flows and
and ending value, you want XIRR.

Regards,
Fred.

"Ken W" wrote in message
I'm not sure which financial function to use. I'm trying to determine the
rate of return of a known investment, with a known time period and known
ending value. What do I use to solve for the rate of return over the life
of
this investment?