Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default formual to determine if date falls on weekend, adjust date to Mond

Have you looked at the WORKDAYS function? I think it does what you need --
and more since it can also 'jump' holidays
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bradley" wrote in message
Hi I am using excel to show project timeline. I want to determine if the
day
falls on saturday or sunday. If the day of week falls on the weekend I
will
add the appropriate number of days to bring the new date to the start of
the
work week.

basically I have a cell with my starting date, then add the number of days
of work expected and get an ending date. if the ending date falls on a
weekend then I want to adjust the ending date appropriately.

for example;
if (day=saturday) day=day+2
if (day=Sunday_)day=day+1

thanks for your help