Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default dividing by 0 error

Donna,

You could test for Div/0 and return "" if it is or use this to sum with
those errors in the range

= SUMIF(F1:F6,""&0)

Mike

"Donna" wrote:

I need to have a worksheet that other people can use with out changing and my
problem is that I need to have a certain amount of blank cells that when a
number is entered will fill in cells that contain formulas.
Some of the formulas contain division and so I'm getting the #DIV/0! error
which prevents the columns from summing. How can I say to only sum if there
is a number in the cell so that it won't include the error. Or how can I keep
the error from showing but also have the blank cells for people to use? In
other words only "formulate" when there are numbers. I hope this makes
sense....

# of Rolls LengthM Widthmm Total M2 Width of Source Material # of cuts
across
10 500 20 100 1290 65.00
5 600 30 90 43.00
20 200 80 320 17.00