Randy Harris

Default Need help sorting pivot table

I'm not very experienced with Excel, in particular with Pivot tables, and
would appreciate some help. I have an inherited spreadsheet with a number
of pivot tables in it. The source data for the spreadsheet gets "refilled"
from an Access database, but the rows in the pivot table don't generally get
sorted correctly. The data is in the form of "month year" - e.g. Jan 05,
Feb 05, Mar 05, etc.

I tracked down the source of the data in the spreadsheet, it comes from a
column on another sheet (column V), labeled Month. It's formula seems to
be:

=INDEX(Months,MONTH(F1),1)&" " &RIGHT(YEAR(F1),2)

The pivot table frequently appears:

Jul 05

Jan 05

Feb 05

Mar 05

Apr 05

May 05

Jun 05

Aug 05

Sep 05

Dec 05

So, it's not in date order, nor alpha order. The data does appear in the
source worksheet in date order. What would be a practical means of
correcting this so that the pivot table comes up in proper date order? Or,
what additional information should I post so that you can help me with this?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

--
Randy Harris
(tech at promail dot com)