Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default SUMIF Sum a column subject to variables in two columns

SUMPRODUCT seems to be what you may be looking for:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C50="x"),--(D1:D50="y"),(A1:A50))
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"Steve sivaD" wrote:

Hi,

I already use the SUMIF function to calculate the total mileage for a
vehicle stored in columns A1:A50 if another column C1:C50 contains an 'x'.
However I now want to calculate the mileage if C1:C50 contains an 'x' and
column D1:D50 contains 'y'. I've looked at at various queries on this site re
SUMIF with 2 variable but none seem to give an answer on how to nest these
two conditione into the 'CRITERIA' part of the function. Please can anyone
help?
--
Steve D