Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EG EG is offline

Default Plotting if a certain criteria is met

Thanks for the note. I tried this, by entering =if('PPR -Nov-08
restart'!$B$3="ES",'PPR -Nov-08 restart'!$Q$3,"") in the chart data range
box, which is the equivalent of what you have suggested, but it comes back
with the error messege, "This function is not valid". I can't figure out why
this would be the case.

any thoughts?

Thx.

EG

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

Hi,

You could try something as simple as putting the following in R1 and copying
down.

=IF(B1="ES",Q1,"")

Create your bar/column chart using columns B and R.
Obviously this will leave a gap in the chart, but than can be removed fairly
easily.
What do you want as your x-axis labels?

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10297252.aspx