Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brandon Schmidt[_2_] Brandon Schmidt[_2_] is offline

Default Histogram in reverse order

Never mind.
I feel like a dope.
The Mean and Standard Deviation is in percentages. I didn't take that into
consideration when I generated the random number list, e.g. in the random
number generation pop-up under parameters I should have used Mean = .96 and
Standard deviation = 1.22.

"Brandon Schmidt" wrote:

In Excel 2007 I have successfully created bell curves using the Random Number
Generation and Histogram data analysis tools following the instructions
located he http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/q213930/
However, on this most recent occasion, the histogram appears to be reversed
i.e. the count was higher in the first and last bin and not in the middle
causing the bell curve look like a 'U'.
I analyzed the random numbers generated and can confirm they should fall
into the expected distribution bins (more in the middle bins and less at the
ends).
I'm rather perplexed at this situation and could really use some help.
Much thanks.
P.S. I've restarted Excel and even my machine with the faint hope of
correcting the problem.